Why choose a VETUS bow thruster?
- Easy to install
- A single propeller creates less flow disturbance in a tunnel
- Our unique propeller blade design minimizes cavitation noise
- Spiral gears minimize transmission noise
- Less vibration due to the use of a flexible coupling
- Optimum flow due to streamlined tail piece
Having a Vetus bow stern thruster gives you positive control of your boat, even at low speed and regardless of wind, current or tight docking conditions.
This overview of the relevant factors will help in the selection of the correct model. Choose Ignition Protected thrusters for installation on petrol engined boats.
Thrust: The thrust force determines the effectiveness of any bow thruster and not the output of its electric motor (in hp or kW). This thrust is the rest of a combination of the following factors: The power of the electric motor, the propeller shape, dimensions and RPM and the efficiency losses in the tunnel. Vetus bow thrusters and stern thrusters have a thrust of between 17 and 23kg per kW motor power! In addition, a smaller tunnel diameter allows the tunnel to be installed further forward, which increases the turning moment of the boat. Vetus thrusters provide the optimum combination of high thrust efficiency and low resistance while under way. Bow thruster tunnels are available in aluminium, GRP or steel to suit different hl materials.
The Bow Thruster Tunnel: The smaller the diameter of the bow thruster tunnel, the less resistance it will cause when under way. In addition, a smaller diameter also allows the tunnel to be installed further forward which enhances the turning moment of the boat. Vetus has obtained the optimum compromise between high efficiency of the bow thruster and low resistance when the boat is under way. For vessels made of steel, aluminium and GRP, Vetus offers steel, aluminium or GRP bow thruster tunnels
VETUS bow thruster with 75 kgf thrust force, suitable for boats from 10 to 15 mtrs in length. 12 Volt DC version.
VETUS bow thruster with 95 kgf thrust force, suitable for boats from 12 to 17 mtrs in length. 12 Volt version.
VETUS bow thruster with 125 kgf thrust force, suitable for boats from 14 to 20 mtrs in length. 12 Volt DC version.
Advantages of VETUS bow thrusters
- A single propeller creates less flow disturbance in the tunnel
- The VETUS unique propeller blade design minimises cavitation noise
- Spiral gears minimise transmission noise
- The use of a flexible coupling between tail piece and motor eliminates vibration
- All VETUS systems use a seamed tail piece for optimum flow
- A synthetic propeller eliminates corrosion and reduces weight
- Systems are easy to install, supped with clear installation and operation instructions
- VETUS systems use a new ne of high quality aluminium control panels which are interchangeable with older panels
- All VETUS manoeuvring systems meet the EMC requirements