TRU DESIGN SKIN FITTING – DOMED BLACK
Suitable for underwater use, TruDesign range of Skin Fittings are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) and Bureau VERITAS to ISO 9093-2.
They also comply with ABYC H-27 500Lb standard when used in conjunction with the TruDesign ABYC collar.
Designed and made in New Zealand, the Skin Fitting body and nut are moulded from a glass-reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability. These properties allow a significant weight reduction over metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
When used in below waterline applications, a Ball Valve should be directly connected for safety and compliance to relevant marine standards.
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite – High strength and light weight
- Compatible with all hull types – Can be used on aluminium, steel, wood or GRP hulls
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant – Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
- High quality surface finish – Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Paintable – Can be painted with all types of antifouling