Superior composite intake strainer solution.
3/4″ (To fit 3/4″ & 1/2″ Skin-fittings)
1 1/4″ (To fit 1 1/4″ & 1″ Skin-fittings)
2″ (To fit 2″ & 1 1/2″ Skin-fittings)
Designed and made in New Zealand, the Scoop Strainer is designed to divert large objects away from water intakes while the vessel is moving. This helps eliminate problems with seaweed/seagrass, sticks or rubbish being sucked into engine intakes and blocking or clogging intake filters.
The strainer acts as a first stage filter that is cleaned by water movement.
Tru-Design Intake Strainers eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings. They can be painted over with anti-foul, and can be faired into the hull without concerns of corrosion.
- Manufactured from a glass reinforced nylon composite – High strength and light weight
- Compatible with all hull types – Can be used on aluminum, steel, wood or FRP hulls
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant – These fittings will not break down with ultraviolet light or discolour from the sun
- High quality surface finish – Will not discolour with green film as similar bronze fittings do
- Paintable – Can be painted with all types of antifouling
- Strong construction – Strainer can take bumps and knocks without damage