Moulded from glass-reinforced nylon composite. High strength, high-modulus glass fibres within the nylon composite provide dramatic strength, stiffness, toughness and dimensional stability. These properties allow a significant weight reduction over metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings with Tails eliminate the corrosion and electrical bonding problems associated with metallic fittings.
TruDesign Skin Fittings with Tails (3/4″ and above) are certified by the International Marine Certification Institute (IMCI) & Bureau Veritas to meet; ISO 9093-2 Small craft — Seacocks and through-hull fittings — Part 2: Non-metallic
They are not for use below the water line.
For below waterline applications, see our Skin Fittings Threaded or Skin Fittings Recessed product ranges (as a Ball Valve must be directly attached to the Skin Fitting for safety and compliance to marine standards).
- Manufactured from a glass-reinforced nylon composite – High strength and light weight
- Compatible with all hull types – Can be used on aluminium, steel, wood or GRP hulls
- Immune to corrosion and electrolysis – Long life with no concerns over decreased performance due to corrosion
- Chemical resistant – Impervious to diesel, petrol and antifouling paints
- UV resistant – Will not degrade or discolour with ultraviolet light from the sun
- Long Tail – Hoses can be secured with 2 hose clamps for a strong connection